Ever wonder why the salesman keep telling you the brand that you originally wanted is no good and the brand he is recommending is far better? This is because they are salesman!!! Most salesman work on basic + commission. Therefore if 'A' brand pays a better commission then 'B' brand, the salesman will certainly like to persuade you to buy 'A' brand. You cannot blame them really, this is money after all. Therefore it is up to you as an consumer to know what you really want. Read my blog and you will be 'just' as good as the salesman. Err....in same cases, even better.
You should be always aware of the current electricity tariffs so that you will be better informed of what you are paying and understand the need to purchase Energy Efficient Products.
The highest ever recorded electricity tariffs was $0.3258/kWh (with GST) on Oct~Dec 2008. This was also the time where the fuel oil prices were at its highest.
Electricity Tariffs as of 1st April 2011
Low Tension / Residential / 27.37 cents per kWh (inclusive of prevailing GST)
** information courtesy of Singapore Power, http://www.spservices.sg/
** the electricity tariffs is revised once every 3 months, the charges above are accurate as of 1st April 2011.
** Do check the lastest from the Singapore Power website.
If you have any questions or queries which you cannot find the answers on my website, please feel free to drop me an email email@example.com
Please provide the following details (if applicable)
1) Brand of the air conditioner with model number.
2) System combination (ie. System 2 or 3) or type (ie. Inverter or Non Inverter)
3) When you bought the system and how long you have been using it.
4) When is the last time you did a general or chemical servicing.
5) Where did you get 'the information' from (ie. heard from salesman or read from internet).
6) What recommendations were given to you by others.
7) Prices quoted by the retailer.
8) Floor Plan with indications of changes, decorations and home appliances.
9) Postal Code